Fashionable People, Questionable Things. | Pajamas in public | Fashionable People, Questionable Things.

AllyG: So, we’ve talked before about jammies in public (and by we I mean me and LA). My question is whether or not Lindsay Lohan’s leggings qualify as pajamas (am I spelling pajamas right? I feel I am not. Whatever. This post is about Lindsay Lohan, grammar was never her strong suit).

lindsaylohanleggings_0_0_0x0_400x570

Are leggings not PJs if they are worn with heels? Also, is that Taylor Swift on the right? If so, this concerns me even more than the leggings/pajamas debate.

L-A: I have trouble with the leggings. Possibly because this was a look I was rocking back in the early 90s  (minus the heels, as I was in junior high and i’m pretty sure my mom would have frowned upon her 13 year old wearing to stilettos to school). I’m also troubled by the zipper in the leggings. I guess the zipper makes it less pajama-ish, but WTF? Zippers in spandex? Zippers at the ankles of your pants? Did the 80s teach us nothing about fashion faux pas?  And the Taylor Swift Doppleganger is possibly wearing stirups. Oh man. I don’t even know where to start with this legging clad entourage.  Let’s just ban leggings with heels and then we don’t have to face situations like this one ever again.

0 Responses to Pajamas in public

My mind has for some reason done a 180 on leggings and I don’t know who to blame! When I picture these outfits with regular tights I feel like they would all look like figure skaters.

2. JWG says:

I think the zippers automatically rule out any semblance of pyjama-hood. But what about the kneepads on the gal on the left?

3. Tamara says:

Gag. What’s next? The onesies for adults again? Gah. PLEASE no. I can’t wear those shirts with the bums in them, my torso is too tall! I don’t like tucking in my shirts!

Go away 80s, and don’t come back until I’m in mine.

4. Krista says:

The PJ proposition is an interesting perspective on leggings I had not considered before. I’m more concerned/disturbed/horrified by the wearing of things that seem to draw a lot of unnecessary attention to your swimsuit area. Living in the Dal neighbourhood, I’ve seen a lot of things that cannot be un-seen.

Blair Waldorf has spoken definitely on this topic: “Leggings are not pants!”

Whoever writes dialogue for Blair Waldorf is a fashion genius. I attempted leggings with a dress three years ago and immediately realized that the outfit was (a) a slightly updated version of something I wore in grade seven; and (b) definitely not meant to be worn by anyone over the age of 25. Possibly even over the age of 20.

Also: Good God! I did not notice the knee pads. Those are not allowed. Ever.

5. allygarbs says:

I know. KNEE PADS.

I would like to clarify that I do not LIKE these outfits. I just think the leggings may be the least of their problems. I like Lindsay’s over-the-top hair, though.