L-A: With all of our time spent prepping for the live show this weekend, my Sudafed-head, and the need to soak up some sunshine while we’ve got it (no idea how long it’ll last), we haven’t got much of a plan for a Monday morning post. So, I’m going to suggest we re-visit a question that we tackled during the live show. Jane, one of our readers, posed the following question:
Q: I have a great navy and white striped shirt from H&M with a boat neck, but have a hard time figuring what to pair it with. When I wear it with khakis, I feel like Im channeling Gene Kelly in Anchors Aweigh – you know, when he’s dancing with the little cartoon mouse?
A: When looking at this photo on Saturday, Ally and I came to the conclusion that we actually liked Gene Kelly’s outfit. Not as an everyday sort of thing, but if you lose the hat (and the cartoon mouse) and change the shoes, you might have something there. We’re fans of the high waisted sailor style pants. Granted, I can’t wear that style, but if you can, go for it. As for shoes, we are overwhelmingly in favour of the wedge.
But, that answer isn’t quite enough, is it? So, we had some fun with Polyvore and came up with a few outfits that work with such a striped shirt. Granted, the striped shirts in these sets aren’t exactly what Jane described in her question, but I think you could interchange any of them quite nicely.
Crappy Pop Music Video of the Week
- Please @LaineyGossip, we're begging you. Tell us your thoughts on Mariah's latest video. What would @Eminem think?! ow.ly/kUkzF 2 weeks ago
- Sometimes, shopping gives us feelings. @miggitymel has a few when she hits the mall in search of a basic black flat. bit.ly/16ioXvI 2 weeks ago
- Friday Favourites are hair dids, cheap shoes, feelings in gifs, and feminsim + Beyonce: bit.ly/10406sL 3 weeks ago
- Bus driver has on studded belt, bejeweled headband and bedazzled cuff. Why the hell not. #metrotransitfashionreport 3 weeks ago
- I'm so sad @AllyGarbs isn't here for smart lady gossip talk about motherhood at @LaineyGossip. #rumorestimmortalis /la 1 month ago