Fashionable People, Questionable Things. | Dressing like Carrie: Day Three | Fashionable People, Questionable Things.

AllyG: I had totally forgotten about this outfit!

Tuxedo jacket with Mickey Mouse shirt underneath. Don’t you remember? Carrie wore this when she took Berger to meet the girls. Berger told Miranda that the guy she was dating is, “Just not that into you”, which of course brought us this gem of a chick flick…

Moving right along!

Ain’t no thang!

Skinny cords from Old Navy

Little Miss Stubborn shirt from Winners

Tuxedo blazer from Target

Shoes are Carlos by Carlos Santana

Public outing will be the grocery store, although I’m more than happy to prance about in this outfit.

L-A: I don’t know what to do with this outfit. It was cute on Carrie and is cute on Ally. There’s nothing crazy about it. (I wish I had known about this outfit – I have one of those Mickey t-shirts from a trip to Disneyland with J.Lau and would have lent it to you).

Okay, arbitrary scoring time:

Wearing heels to the grocery store on a Sunday: +1

Choosing a less than crazy outfit (aka. “Safe Carrie”): -1

Replicating Carrie’s outfit: +1

Total day 3 score: +1

Total score: +2

Your score went up by another point. And you’ve stuck to this for three days, so golf claps.

But time to step the crazy up. So I’m going to nominate some potential outfits. I’d like to see something inspired by one of the following:

I think what we’re needing is to step up the accessories (as you are a new mom, I will not demand midriff baring tops). That means even more pearls, sparkly toques, gigantic flowers and fanny packs… in public.

Not only does there need to be more pearls, but as guest blogger Ange has pointed out, more black bra showing. I think something like this could work:

I believe that last look could be called “80s Mardi Gras with Holly Golightly hair”.¬† And I think our readers would like to see that in real life.

0 Responses to Dressing like Carrie: Day Three

1. roisin says:

this is an amazing challenge, and as there are no repercussions for me, I agree with L-A: more crazy! blazers are safe – I vote that sparkly-toque-fur-coat number.

2. Sara says:

I am eating up every one of the Dress Like Carrie entries.

3. Ange says:

WAY more black bra. I especially like the black bra with halter top look.

4. Michael Steeleworthy says:

the middle picture looks like she’s using an american flag for a skirt.

5. Krista says:

Going with Safe Carrie outfits isn’t in keeping with the spirit of the challenge.

6. Samantha says:

disappointed. safe and lame. where’s the insanity? even the shoes are a little boring… you can do better than that!

7. amy says:

I love this challenge! Pleasepleaseplease do the ginormous flower one. I have such a love/hate with that outfit.

8. Millisa says:

I am loving all of this, but I think we need to see a throwdown for L-A next…

maybe she can go Gaga in public?!

We desperately need a throw-down for L-A. She’s balking at the Gaga request, but I think she could definitly wear a Gaga headpiece. I won’t make her walk about in her underpants (note that I did not say PANTIES).

I’d do a headpiece. Or maybe one kermit doll attached to my jacket. Just remember that I have jobs in an office and in retail for five days of the week: pants are required.

• Millisa says:

So that means no (SNL)bubble-suit lunch meetings? What about carrying around a tea cup and saucer?

(Admit, y’all love my sass-ass, LOL)

The cup and saucer I’d do, but the doorways in this old building are far too narrow for some of Gaga’s outfits. And some might be considered a no-no by Occupational Health folks. I could poke an eye out while riding the elevator.