Fashionable People, Questionable Things. | Boogie Nights: LA Style | Fashionable People, Questionable Things.

Ally: Baby had an extra long afternoon nap today which meant our plans to see LA roller skate in the Pride Parade were kaput. Thankfully, I count her hubby as a dear friend and he came through with a photo that I could share with you lot. Here we have LA looking ridiculously hot and fabulous in roller derby attire.

You know what it reminds me of?

I LOVE that song! Yah, I guess it’s going to take a lot more to get me off the crap music. In fairness, it makes me more endearing….non?

Congrats, LA. You might be the hottest co-blogger in the history of co-bloggers.

L-A: I was going for this as opposed Mariah Carey:

No one tells you how hard roller skating is. I have a blister on one of my feet and my legs are cramping up like nobody’s business. Having said that, it was crazy fun and I still kind of want to roller derby. Who’s with me?

Anyway, Happy Pride Halifax!

0 Responses to Boogie Nights: LA Style

1. Jo says:

This is my favourite thing of all favourite things!!! Love you L-A!!! You look fabulous!

Fantastic! And I love both Whip It and that Mariah Carey video.

3. Susan says:

Hey L-A – you rocked! (and rolled too I guess). You found those skates so quickly it was all clearly meant to be.

OK – I have some stupid questions, but I know you tolerate these being my office-roomie.

So, I have an evening wedding to go to late in August and am wondering if The Little Black Dress is appropriate or is one expected to wear a cheerier colour to weddings, even evening ones. I suspect the morbidity associated with black in my youth is long gone, but I want to double-check.

Also, what is the going price range for a gift these days? I’m soooo out of the wedding loop.

I’m so glad I have you guys to turn to – you’re a valuable service organization. You should put up signs at the edge of the city like the Lions do or the Rotary Club.

Thanks!

4. Ivy says:

L-A, I saw you but didn’t realize it was you. Great job out there – especially wearing tights and arm-warmers in 40?C heat.

Thanks! The arm warmers actually came in handy since the heat meant a lot of sweating, so I could just use them as a sweatband sort of deal (kind of gross to talk about, but there was no avoiding sweating in that heat). I made the arm warmers out of socks. The tights, however, were just too warm (but probably better than if I wore leggings).

5. […] don’t have much to add today. I think I’m still recovering from roller skating the beejeezus out of downtown Halifax during the Pride Parade. So much fun. And done with minimal American […]

6. NancyC says:

Soooooo I’m guessing you know about the Halifax roller derby meeting tomorrow evening then?

7. […] to see what the city can do with the Oval in non-winter weather (you know I’m voting for roller derby space).¬† If you think the Oval is a good idea, then you should maybe think about telling the city […]