Fashionable People, Questionable Things. | Calling in stressed | Fashionable People, Questionable Things.

L-A: Yeeaaahhh…we kind of suck today. Ally is doing her best not to hide under her desk from the work she has to do and my house looks like a craft bomb hit it. Seriously. My office is full of sock monkey carnage. I’ve got Halifax Crafters in one week and all my best laid plans to be ready early are unravelling fast. But heeeey! You should come visit me at Crafters on Saturday!

But I feel like I should at least try to talk fashion.  Hmmm…oh! I know! A friend recently asked if she could borrow a black clutch and I had to admit – I don’t own a black clutch. This seems just wrong.  Am I the only girl out there (aside from my friend) who doesn’t own a black clutch? And if I were going to get one, what do you recommend? It’d have to the sort of clutch that covers a lot of occasions.

Maybe this?

I like that it’s a big bow, but it’s too velvety for me.

Or, even though it’s not black, how about this lovely clutch from Shibang?

Thoughts? Suggestions? What are you using for a clutch when you dress up? Also – how much can you fit in your clutch? That last question is a big deal. I am the sort of girl who is lost without an oversized tote full of crap I probably don’t need. Cutting down to essentials when I’m going out is really effing hard. (I think that means my clutch needs to be both cute and roomy).

Anyway, apologies for being so light on content this week. We’ll step it up soon with some thoughts on holiday party wear. But for now, you can join Mr. McCain in judging us.

9 Responses to Calling in stressed

1. Kristine says:

You are not alone! I don’t own a clutch either. I used to but somehow the only bags I have in my closet right now are gigantic and wickedly heavy. Perhaps this should be remedied before the Christmas party I have this weekend.

I’m all over the gigantic bags…but they really aren’t appropriate for dressy situations. And the clutches I do have are so tiny that they’re useless for me. I need something that holds more than a couple of cards and lipstick.

2. Melanie says:

I am a clutch whore. I love them and am always on the hunt to ensure I have a wide enough variety of styles, sizes and colours. Still need a few more to complete my collection. My most recent purchase was actually a much larger clutch for situations where I need to bring more stuff. Even my large clunky camera fits. It’s my go-to clutch at the moment. Love it: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/30737970

The rest of my clutches are just big enough to fit cell, small compact camera, debit/credit cards, cash, keys, and lip gloss.

I need to be more of a clutch whore. I only have two and one of them barely holds cards and lip gloss – which is not at all useful!

I love that etsy clutch find!

3. Intern Krista says:

I have the purple flower version of the Shibang clutch and it’s the best.

I don’t own a black clutch, but only because I’m normally wearing black and usually have a clutch of another colour as an accessory.

I love the Shibang clutches. I’m often wearing colours when I go out, so I figure I should get one in black. Or maybe I should just buy more black fancy clothes.

4. Chantal says:

With clutches I like having the optional wrist attachment. Though not always needed…… There are just some nights when you go out and have “one too many martinis” and end up Dancing up a storm soemwheres dt. When that happens, it’s nice to know that your life essentials have a back up plan, if accidentally dropped are not destroyed on the awful shameful bar floor below.

I personally love clutches, though rarely use them (as reiterated above) my main problem is the widthaswell. They just need to be wide enough for iPhone, wallet, and possibly a camera(So maybe 2-3 inches)

I like the wrist attachment as well – both for dancing and because I’m apt to just leave it lying around somewhere (I lose things far too easily – two flash drives in less than two months). I agree on the width – I never go out without my phone, so it has to fit that. Sadly, no clutch will fit my SLR camera.

5. Chantal says:

I feel your pain! I’m an aspiring photographer, so I carry my dslr everywhere, capturing life and fashion around me …..I usually try to pretend I’m rocking it like an accessory when Im out at venues and try not to be so conspicuous carrying around my low pro bag..either way I always secretly feel like I look like tourist lol.

Though recently I discovered a website that make purses designed for dslrs !
    Jill-e.com, nice designs and lots of functionality …. At the turbine showcase I’m pretty sure photographer kerstin alm, had one or one very similar to the ones on the Jill-e site. However, when I met her, she saw me kick some bibles off a chair, when I jumped to stand on a new chair to get a better shot. Nobody was spouse or see me kick those bibles !! But she did see me and she laughed, I decided not to launch into the ” where did u get that purse conversion” … And have regretted ever since ……. And the bible kicking too….

Hahah hope that rant helped