Ally: Life has been throwing me a few curve balls lately, and as such I have been absent from blog related duties. Thanks to our guest bloggers for their continual hilarity. It’s Friday, so that’s something. And I do actually have a few favourites to share this week.
1. Since it smells like Spring out in Haliwood it is time for Ally to pretend she is rich and select clothes out of her imaginary unicorn and butterfly emblazoned closet:
I don’t think I’ve talked of my love for Pucci’s Spring/Summer 2012 EVERYTHING.
2. Can you imagine if Susan Sarandon was your mom?:
While reading through my Vogue Power Issue (Adele), my eye caught a wicked fresh ad campaign featuring Susan Sarandon and Eva Amurri (her daughter).
I’ve always liked Eva. I thought she was amazing in Saved…
and pretty fantastic in Californication (season three?)…
I even found L-A some Chuck Bass in that clip!
3. And can I just say that Vera Wang is making some banging non-wedding dresses lately?
4. Crappy Pop Video of the Week:
I’m not going to lie, I’m really enjoying this song.
L-A: Well, that video really is something, isn’t it? This is just a guess, but I’m not entirely convinced is a Anjulie is an anarchist who attends protests. Or that she even attends protests as a non-anarchist. But perhaps I’m judging a book unfairly by it’s neon bustieried cover. I will give her half a point for what appears to be some tributes to Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes (which may or may not be intentional).
Not let’s get on with the favourites. Because my first favourite NEEDS to be shared. It’s the sort of thing I can’t keep to myself or else I’d just be selfish.
1. LIVE. PENGUIN. CAM.
You guys. This is why the Internet was invented. And it is so much the awesome. I mean, honestly? You have no idea how much joy the Penguincam brings me. I literally squeed and jumpy clapped when penguin heads popped up on my computer. Live penguins! Doing things that live penguins do! Like hang out on their bellies or try to eat the camera!
I know. You’re welcome.
(this will probably not be the last time I mention penguin cam on the blog. I know it’s going to pop up).
2. So now I totes believe the hype.
Despite my feelings on dystopian fiction (which is to say, my strong feelings against it), I finally read the Hunger Games. And damn, wasn’t it enjoyable. There were a couple of late nights, but so worth it. Now I need to get my hands on book two. STAT. (we need a book club, y’all). I’ll admit these aren’t the best books ever written, but they are totally worth the read. And I’ll be paying to see the movie, even if they didn’t cast any swoony male leads.I enjoy the Katniss character. Bitch could not only kick the ass of Bella Swan, but she’d take down her vampire and werewolf boyfriends.
3, A celtic fashion show with Veronica MacIsaac
(photo credit: Brent McCombs – AlterEgo Photography)
We love Veronica MacIsaac bunches. Not only is she one of the nicest people we’ve met since starting the blog, she’s also an amazeballs designer. You can check out a preview of what she’s bringing to New York Tartan Week by heading to Durty Nelly’s on Sunday between 2 and 6pm.
4. He said, “Texas Forever” y’all and I swooned.
Yeah, Tim Riggins in real life is building a house in Texas. When asked about why, he answers, “Texas Forever”. Part of me swooned. Part of me wanted to yell, “You have to stop being so hot in real life! It’s bad enough that your fictional character does this to me!”
5. Cash Mob with Ben
Ben has good ideas. Lots of good ideas. But I think this may be my most favourite of his ideas. The big idea is that he’s having a cash mob.
This means he’s chosen a business downtown and he’s asking everyone to come out to support the business at 2pm on Saturday. The catch? The store owner and the crowd won’t know who the business is until 2pm on Saturday. If enough people go to this and they spend $20, they can make a HUGE difference for a store owner. 100 people spending $20? You could probably pay that month’s rent. And that’s huge. Of course, every little bit will help that store owner, so you could totally go out and just spend $5 and still add to the awesome of the day. We’re excited to find out who it is, so I’ll be there with bells on. 2pm on Saturday, outside of Spring Garden Library.
So we’ll see you on Saturday? Awesome. If not, enjoy your weekend. Here’s your not crappy music for the week (totally my jam for working on estimates).
Yeah, I’m not sure how Ally and I ever became friends either. It certainly wasn’t a shared interest in music.
Ally: Oh my gawd, ew.
L-A: bahahahaha. (but seriously. I love that song. It’s going on Toddler G’s mixed tape).
Crappy Pop Music Video of the Week
- Please @LaineyGossip, we're begging you. Tell us your thoughts on Mariah's latest video. What would @Eminem think?! ow.ly/kUkzF 1 week ago
- Sometimes, shopping gives us feelings. @miggitymel has a few when she hits the mall in search of a basic black flat. bit.ly/16ioXvI 1 week ago
- Friday Favourites are hair dids, cheap shoes, feelings in gifs, and feminsim + Beyonce: bit.ly/10406sL 2 weeks ago
- Bus driver has on studded belt, bejeweled headband and bedazzled cuff. Why the hell not. #metrotransitfashionreport 2 weeks ago
- I'm so sad @AllyGarbs isn't here for smart lady gossip talk about motherhood at @LaineyGossip. #rumorestimmortalis /la 3 weeks ago