L-A: The Hunger Games totally opens in the theatres today. Are you losing your shit yet? I sort of am. Mostly I just want to get in on the hype. I’m also mid-second book. But more about that later! Time for Favourites!
1. Ally sits at the desk next to mine!!
I know. This is pretty damn exciting. Temporary and part-time, but exciting. If you’re feeling jealous that our co-workers, you probably shouldn’t. Unless you want to hear about suggestions for Friday videos, hear about Kate Moss fighting with Gwyneth Paltrow and our thoughts on shoes and leggings, and find copies of this on your desk:
Okay, you know what. You can totally be jealous. Especially if your life needed a full two page spread on the Jolie-Pitt brood of children.
2. Unseasonably HOT weather
This was insane. And by insane, I mean INSANELY AWESOME. I got to wear a cute sundress and no coat to work.
Of course, if there is a downside to working with Ally, it’s that pictures of my cute outfits get taken. And I hate having my picture taken.
3. Hunger Games!
Okay, does anyone want to be my friend and go to the movies with me? Because I don’t want to be the thirtysomething lady watching Hunger Games by herself in a packed theatre. I’m still too new into the series to be losing my shit, but I still want to jump on the bandwagon. Also, I can’t deal with a weekend full of people telling me how AWESOMEHOLYCRAPTHATWASGOOD the movie is if I’m not seeing it.
4. Ally and I totally agreed on a video.
This never happens. But we are down with this as our joint jam.
I’m going to go ahead and speak for Ally when I say we are 100% not down with the Glee version. I forgot how uncomfortable that was until I went to google up the video I actually wanted. I need Glee to be over already. It is reaching Andie MacDowell/Jian Ghomeshi levels of annoying me.
5. And then First/Favourite Male Reader Martin gave us this gem of a video.
Short of starring Kid Rock in a duet with Bruno Mars, featuring Eminem and Nicki Minaj, this has everything we look for in a crappy pop video. Expect Ally to add this to her iPod for her trip to Florida (which may result in guest posts).
Crappy Pop Music Video of the Week
- Please @LaineyGossip, we're begging you. Tell us your thoughts on Mariah's latest video. What would @Eminem think?! ow.ly/kUkzF 1 week ago
- Sometimes, shopping gives us feelings. @miggitymel has a few when she hits the mall in search of a basic black flat. bit.ly/16ioXvI 1 week ago
- Friday Favourites are hair dids, cheap shoes, feelings in gifs, and feminsim + Beyonce: bit.ly/10406sL 2 weeks ago
- Bus driver has on studded belt, bejeweled headband and bedazzled cuff. Why the hell not. #metrotransitfashionreport 2 weeks ago
- I'm so sad @AllyGarbs isn't here for smart lady gossip talk about motherhood at @LaineyGossip. #rumorestimmortalis /la 3 weeks ago