L-A: Another NYFW is upon us and once again we watch from afar. This is largely to do with the blog’s budget (nil. Although, maybe we can kickstarter our way to 2013?) and the fact that Toddler G is born during Fashion Week (He knew this was an important week to come into the world. He probably debuted not long after something fabulous by McQueen because he’s a fabulous kid). Which is why the interwebs is our best friend during Fashion Week.
Pour example, the Fancy Fashion Week Video of the Donna Karan show arrived in our inbox (please see video to the right – I now know how Ally feels when she can’t make videos work in posts) and I was able to kick back with a glass of wine and watch the show while I did my nails. Anna Wintour didn’t have that luxury (suck it, Anna!) (not really. I still love your hair).
Anyway, while watching the video, an overwhelming sense of “ermahgerd” came over me as I noticed two very important things:
1. A-line skirts
2. Skirts that hit the knee or go below the knee
Why are these two things important? Because I’m an adult who does not have the legs of a model or a 20 year old. I also have a shape that works well with an A-line (waist is much smaller than hips). And when you combine an A-line with a somewhat more modest length, you get a skirt I can wear to work and manage a mix of profesh and awesome. Fear not younger ladies with great legs – there are still a few short hemlines out there for those of you who can pull that shit off (like Alice + Olivia). But for those of us over 30 who probably can’t/shouldn’t be wearing a mini-skirt to work: behold!
(Source: yep. all from Style.com - who do a much better job at covering all the shows. Seeing as they attend. And have dudes like Tim Blanks writing for them).
I really hope this slightly longer, A-line skirt is going to be a bandwagon I can hop on next spring. Fingers crossed for next summer being full of skirts I can wear. And wear to work.
Crappy Pop Music Video of the Week
- Please @LaineyGossip, we're begging you. Tell us your thoughts on Mariah's latest video. What would @Eminem think?! ow.ly/kUkzF 2 weeks ago
- Sometimes, shopping gives us feelings. @miggitymel has a few when she hits the mall in search of a basic black flat. bit.ly/16ioXvI 2 weeks ago
- Friday Favourites are hair dids, cheap shoes, feelings in gifs, and feminsim + Beyonce: bit.ly/10406sL 3 weeks ago
- Bus driver has on studded belt, bejeweled headband and bedazzled cuff. Why the hell not. #metrotransitfashionreport 3 weeks ago
- I'm so sad @AllyGarbs isn't here for smart lady gossip talk about motherhood at @LaineyGossip. #rumorestimmortalis /la 1 month ago