Ally: First off, can I just say how shocked and appalled I am that no one thought to comment on my narcissistic post about my hair? It almost makes me want to punish you by not posting a picture of my new cut after my appointment with Esther next week, but that would really only hurt me.
Favourite predictable disapointment.
Subtitle: You got me feeling emotions
Some of you might know that next week, on October 11th, the United Nations will celebrate the first International Day of the Girl. Two women who likely do not know this are as follows:
It would be funny if it wasn’t so predictable. American Idol is done for me. My heart left with Simon’s cleavage.
Update: Ok, this was kind of funny…
Update #2: Ok, I now hear that threat of gun violence was in the mix? Not funny at all. Who are you? Biggie Smalls?
Favourite predictable disappointment: Take two.
Terry Richardson strikes again.
“I’m so excited. Getting older is the best part of life. Like, I know more than I’ve ever known. I have gratitude. I know myself better. I feel more capable than ever. And as far as the physicality of it – I feel better at 40 than I did at 25.”
I don’t disagree with you, Cam. Well, there are days I would return to 25, but they’re rare and far and few in between. I’m not going to lie. These pictures make me worry about 40. Will this become my new profile pic on my Facebook page when I turn the deuces?
Favourite non-celebrity-celebrity back in the news.
Kiki Cav gave birth eight weeks ago, so I’m head tilting a little. Only a little though, because I’m more focused on finding out where I can purchase this dress. I spent a whole two minutes searching on The Internets…and nothing. I love it.
I need more leather in my life.
Favourite shocker of the week: Solange, lady, you came outta nowhere with this!
Fantastic jam.I want everything she wears in this video. All of it.
Crappy pop video of the week
I play this when I miss L-A. Hoping to get to do lunch with her this week. Sniff.
L-A: It’s after 11pm and I was drinking coffee because I’m waiting for husband’s flight to arrive, but now it’s super delayed. So I’m seven different kinds of tired AND caffeinated (this is a word I cannot spell without spell check). Awesome. So I’m kind of low on favourites. Except for the following:
1. Would you support me if I said I needed to spend just under $200 for this dress?
I need your help coming up with arguments to give the husband.
Ally Editors Note:
2. Hair. Did.
And it’s all 1920s-ish.
I’m going Gatsby before the movie hits theatres. Which means 1920s era costume. I’ll tell everyone I’m going as Zelda Fitzgerald. Anyone know where I can get a 1920s-ish dress?
3. Hipster adjacent jam of the week
Ally would call this hipster. It’s very much not. But I’ve been listening to a whole lot of Pinkerton this week, so it’s the song in my head
I ain’t fakin’, I’ll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon. Rivers Cuomo – I adore you.
Ally Editor’s Note:
Crappy Pop Music Video of the Week
- Please @LaineyGossip, we're begging you. Tell us your thoughts on Mariah's latest video. What would @Eminem think?! ow.ly/kUkzF 1 week ago
- Sometimes, shopping gives us feelings. @miggitymel has a few when she hits the mall in search of a basic black flat. bit.ly/16ioXvI 1 week ago
- Friday Favourites are hair dids, cheap shoes, feelings in gifs, and feminsim + Beyonce: bit.ly/10406sL 2 weeks ago
- Bus driver has on studded belt, bejeweled headband and bedazzled cuff. Why the hell not. #metrotransitfashionreport 2 weeks ago
- I'm so sad @AllyGarbs isn't here for smart lady gossip talk about motherhood at @LaineyGossip. #rumorestimmortalis /la 3 weeks ago