Ally: Happy Valentine’s Day Boxing Day! I celebrated by learning that I gained four pounds in the past three weeks! Yay, pregnancy! Speaking of pregnancy, and I promise I won’t do a lot of that on here, I will have a maternity wear post available next week. Don’t fear that it will be all talk of “glowing skin”. It’s going to be more of a careful examination of Kim Kardashian’s Instagram account. Which, seriously, is fun for everyone.
Let’s kick-off Friday with a few pieces of eye-candy.
High-Tops that I adamantly believe you can wear in your thirties
It may not be the time to purchase these shoes while I am gaining weight at the speed of a freight train (are freight trains fast?). I vow to you with complete sincerity that I will be purchasing these on El Jeffe’s credit card once I’m back into regular clothes. I’m talking about high tops. They are FRESH. Please let this trend stick around for 2014.
Of course the shoes that everyone wants are by Isabel Marant, but there are a few other options (in fact I saw some at Spring in Mic Mac Mall the other week for those of you reading within the HRM).
And while I get that I’m not compared to Miranda Kerr the Supermodel (often), I think I could rock this look on the playgrounds of Bedfordshire.
Maybe not the leather/pleather leggings (although I have a pair). That would be too much. I truly adore this look though…
Rebecca Judd, who is something famous in the UK, wears high-tops quite often according to her Instagram account (which I quite enjoy).
Short Films that make me love the clothes but give me a wee bit of embarrassment cringes
I love Free People. It is the clothing of my dreams. I mean that literally. When I daydream about running my farm in Alabama, I am wearing Free People. Practical or not, I ain’t care none. So I love this video for the clothing, but literally cringe at the storyline. In other words, it’s fantastic. More of this please, Free People.
Relatively Oldie but Goodie Hip Hop Video of the Week
My husband thinks it is questionable that my son is singing, “My chain hits my chest as I bang against da dashboard!” at inappropriate times, but I’m quite frankly relieved we might be moving out of the 100 per cent Taylor Swift stage. This is a mighty fine jam for a Friday me thinks.
Crappy Pop Music Video of the Week
- Please @LaineyGossip, we're begging you. Tell us your thoughts on Mariah's latest video. What would @Eminem think?! ow.ly/kUkzF 1 week ago
- Sometimes, shopping gives us feelings. @miggitymel has a few when she hits the mall in search of a basic black flat. bit.ly/16ioXvI 1 week ago
- Friday Favourites are hair dids, cheap shoes, feelings in gifs, and feminsim + Beyonce: bit.ly/10406sL 2 weeks ago
- Bus driver has on studded belt, bejeweled headband and bedazzled cuff. Why the hell not. #metrotransitfashionreport 3 weeks ago
- I'm so sad @AllyGarbs isn't here for smart lady gossip talk about motherhood at @LaineyGossip. #rumorestimmortalis /la 4 weeks ago