L-A: Do you remember our friend Ann? She’s awesome. She’s spent the year being super frugal. And when she’s not blogging about that, she’s over at YKYLF with me where the two of us lose our shit weekly over Revenge (!!!) (seriously though. Are you watching it? The dramz is off the hook). We love her lots and she agreed to send us her Listmas wishes. So here they are:
Ann: This is the bestest idea ever!
1) This dress from Lauren Conrad’s Paper Crown fashion line:
Unlike some other former reality stars, LC brings the goods. She went to fashion school, y’all (yes, it was just for like half a season of The Hills, but that’s more than the Kardashian’s did before launching their Kollektion for Sears). And OK, is that pattern owls, or flowers, or clocks, or just concentric circles? I don’t know, and I don’t care. This dress is perfect for my make-believe Hills- esque life where I just hang out at beach cafe’s and look thoughtfully at my friends while they discuss their dramz-filled lives. And then I cry black mascara tears and look picturesque.
2) Which reminds me: I also want Lauren Conrad’s hair
(so long, shiny, and perfect. It would be red, though. So maybe a more accurate wish is for eithe Isla Fisher’s or Amy Adams’ hair. Or a red version of Zooey Deschanel’s hair).
3) Zooey Deschanel’s wardrobe.
Or just to be BFFs with her. Every time she steps out in public she is wearing adorbs vintagey hipster amazing outfits. Does she dress herself on New Girl? I wouldn’t be surprised. If we were BFFs, I could borrow her stuff ALL THE TIME. Plus, she just got divorced so I could provide round-the-clock BFF care (i.e. ice cream delivery, showing her Fried Green Tomatoes and Thelma & Louise) in exchange for access to her wardrobe.
4) In terms of actually purchase-able items, books are the greatest gift of all.
Seriously – they’re easy to wrap, everybody likes a book, and when you’re done you can donate them to the local Library for others to enjoy (or keep it to display in your home, if you have space). Anyway, Bookmark in Halifax is the best store ever (I miss Mike and the gang hardcore since I moved out of town) and here are the books I’d luurve to get:
- The Night Circus (the library wait list for this is INSANE and I want to see what all the fuss is about)
- Gossip Girl Psycho Killer (yes, this exists – Cecily Von Ziegesar apparently rewrote the first GG novel to include more ultraviolence)
- The Family Fang
- and then from Woozles (the bestest specialty bookstore in the world – seriously, they won a prize for this, it’s true!) I’d like to get the 2nd books in every dystopian YA “Hunger Games” knockoff series I’ve read this year, so: Ally Condie’s “Crossed,” Lauren DeStefano’s “Fever”, Megan McCafferty’s “Thumped,” Veronica Roth’s “Insurgent,” and Lauren Oliver’s “Pandemonium.” I guess the dream portion of this is that some of these won’t be published until after Christmas, so my real wish is for an advance-reading copy of them.
5) An iPad 3.
Yes, I know this hasn’t been released yet, but if I got an iPad 2 for Xmas, the 3 would come out like two weeks later and I’d just want that. And y’all know the 3 will be released right after everyone’s bought the 2 as gifts for other people. So just cut to the chase and get me the 3.
6) A Pop Phone headset
Yes, Gwyneth Paltrow suggested this in her GOOP list of holiday suggestions, but this would be super-convenient. I have an old lady flip phone (whatever the opposite of a smartphone is – a dumbphone?) and I only ever use it at home anyway, so this would make it v. convenient for chatting while knitting, cooking, etc, without dislocating my neck to wedge the phone between my ear and shoulder.
I know there’s a local store where I can get these out here on the dry cold Canadian prairies (where you often have to foresake fashion for function when it’s 40 below) and I bet somewhere in Halifax has these too (maybe Biscuit? Le sigh. Why can’t there be a Biscuit General Store in every city? Dammit). Anyway, apparently these are good to -25, but with my good smartwool merino socks, I bet they’ll work for -40.
This is apparently completely sold out everywhere, so it’s like the Tickle Me Elmo for grown-ups this Christmas season. The colours look gorge, UD’s shadows last forever, and I may have had a dream last night that I found one of these but then couldn’t buy it because I forgot my money. Yes, that is my version of a stress dream. It was quite upsetting!
9) Finally, I want a professional photo session so I can get an actually decent profile pic for Facebook.
Something gorgeous-yet-casual, like one of Lauren Conrad’s author pictures. Is that so much to ask? Why are my profile pics always kind of too bright and my face is not centred correctly and it doesn’t really look like me? This is another local thing – I bet there are supertalented folks in every city who’d love me to come in and get some shots takes (oooh, or like, a pinup/burlesque old timey shot would be AMAZING. Somebody start a business that does this. Thx!)
L-A: And here’s the song that Ann requested:
And I don’t want to say we’re saving the best for last, because that’s playing favourites and we don’t do that here. But we are saving our Original Unpaid Intern Krista and the West Coast Bureau for last…they’re posts will be up by Friday.